Historic Eucalyptus Grove Management
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Historic Eucalyptus Grove Management
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Restore historic eucalyptus groves and reduce fuels in the frontcountry Beauty Ranch area of Jack London State Historic Park to improve the cultural landscape and reduce fire danger. Within 6 different historic eucalyptus grove treatment areas, work will include a combination of the following treatment measures: within the historic eucalyptus groves and the buffer zones between the eucalyptus and parking lots, clear the understory of woody vegetation and ladder fuels; remove standing dead wood and dead wood on the ground; thin existing eucalyptus trees to retain the healthiest individuals and restore a 10' x 10' grid to represent the historic grove layout; plant new eucalyptus grown from seed or cuttings in areas of the historic grid where trees are missing; maintain the groves through ongoing mowing and the clearing of grasses and wood vegetation that may sprout between the retained eucalyptus trees; maintain a shaded fuel break along the Wolf House Service Road (within the historic eucalyptus grove footprint); within naturalized areas where the historic eucalyptus trees have previously been removed, control volunteer eucalyptus saplings to maintain as a natural area; and dispose of cut material through chipping and removing, burning in an air curtain burner, and/or selective use as firewood material.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
845 Casa Grande Rd
Petaluma, CA 94954
Phone : 707-769-5652 x 208
- Other Location Info
- Jack London State Historic Park
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of minor public alterations of land and vegetation that does not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees except for forestry purposes, and is included as "resource management projects" in the Park and Rec's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.