Maintenance Activities and Non-Native Vegetation Removal (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2015-0150-R5)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Maintenance Activities and Non-Native Vegetation Removal (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2015-0150-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2015-0150-R5, pursuant to section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Montecito Creek Water Company represented by Ronald Fendon. The project is limited to a series of remediation actions such as removal of abandoned pipeline, removal of concrete and cement, and habitat restoration including the removal of non-native vegetation. The project will also include routine maintenance activities required for the on-going operation of Permittee-operated water diversion. All activities will be conducted w/o the use of heavy equipment or machinery.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5
South Coast Region 3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (805) 498-2385
- Santa Barbara
- Other Location Info
- Hot Springs Canyon upstream of E. Mountain Drive Bridge in Montecito; The trailhead is located at E. Mountain Dr Bridge, 0.20 mi west of intersection with Hot Springs Rd. By hiking upstream along a dirt hiking trail, eastern spring diversion is located 1.83 mi upstream from the trailhead. The collection box structure and central spring diversion are both located 1.74 mi upstream of trailhead while western hot springs diversion is 0.10 mi along a westerly trail from central hot spring. Non-native vegetation removal and riparian habitat restoration will occur in the vicinity of two of the three hot springs.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is exempt b/c it is an action by a regulatory agency to enforce a permit issued by the regulatory agency of the CA Fish and Game Code section 1600.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.