Redman Equipment and Manufacturing Co. (Site)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Redman Equipment and Manufacturing Co. (Site)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Site is located within an unincorporated area of Los Angeles County, and it comprises approximately 3.13 acres of land. The Site has been utilized since 1962 to build and refurbish heat exchangers for the peteroleum industry. Elevated levels of trichloroethene (TCE) and related compounds, particularly cis-1, 2-dichloroethene were found in fill material located in a 50' x 50' area near the center of the Site. Most of the TCE- related material is in the shallow soil (less than five feet below ground surface). A small area of shallow soil near the center of the site contains TCE- related compounds at levels that are above DTSC's protective standards. The area of contaminated soil is covered with concrete and there is no immediate risk to the surrounding community. The Final Removal Action Workplan proposes excavation and removal of upper five feet of impacted soil in the "Hot Spot" of the Site. The remedial action objectives has been defined in RAW to: -reduce human health risks by reducing the potential for direct contact with contaminated soils; -protect health and safety of workers and the general public during the implementation of the remedial action; and -facilitate property development and reuse in the future.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
5796 Corporate Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630
Phone : (714) 484-5384
- Los Angeles
- Other Location Info
- 19800 Normandie Avenue, Torrance, California, 90502
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- *General Rule - 15061 DTSC has determined with certainty that there is no possibility that the activity in question have a significant effect on the environment because the project would not result in "a substantial, or potentially substantial, adverse change in any of the physical conditions within the area affected by the project, including land, air, water, minerals, flora, fauna, ambient noise, and objects of historic or aesthetic significance.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.