CalFire Bunchgrass Mountain Communication Tower and Facilities Replacement Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- CalFire Bunchgrass Mountain Communication Tower and Facilities Replacement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CalFire) is proposing the replacement of aging CalFire telecommunications infrastructure with a new telecommunication tower, vaults and other supporting infrastructure within the State's Public Safety Microwave Network (PSMN) at Bunchgrass Mountain. Existing structures proposed for removal at Bunchgrass Mountain include two buildings, two communication towers (one operating and the other a tower frame only) and a LPG (propane) tank. New equipment would include a new telecommunication tower with microwave dishes, a radio equipment vault, a new vault to house the emergency backup generator fuel system and potentially 140 feet of realigned access road. The new tower would be a self-supporting, 4-legged lattice structure (80 feet) with a 40-foot upper monopole, as well as a telecommunication site is an essential component of California's PSMN that transmits 911 calls and emergency instructions during major public safety incidents and natural disasters. The purpose of the Project is to maintain CalFire's essential emergency communications linkage at the Bunchgrass Mountain communication facilitiy to support current microwave technology.
- Other Location Info
- Approx. 6 miles west of Burney, CA
- Other Information
- Bunchgrass mountains, unincorporated Shasta County
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15302, 15303 C: 2 ,3
- Reasons for Exemption
- This exemption (Class 2 Section 15302(c)) allows for replacement of reconstruction of existing utility systems and/or facilities involving negligible or no expansion capacity. This exemption (Class 3 Section 15303(d)) allows for installation and/or conversion of water main ,sewage, electrical, gas, and other utility extension, including street improvements, of reasonable length to serve such construction. The state confirms that no exceptions apply which would prelude the use of an exemption for this project.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.