Peabody Creek Restoration and Stormwater Management Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-017-0017-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Peabody Creek Restoration and Stormwater Management Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-017-0017-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project will reconnect Peabody Creek with its historic floodplain and restore approximately 30,000 square feet of floodplain and riparian area. A new culvert 38" W x 24" H will be installed below Walsh Street along with a grade control structure to divert flow from and existing man-made, rock lined channel, to a historic floodplain area that is approximately 500 feet in length by 60 feet wide. A second 30" diameter high density polyethylene culvert will be installed at the downstream end of the riparian area to reconnect flows to the existing channel that will remain in place as overflow conveyance during larger storm events.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2842
- 39.2183°'"N 121.0698°'"W
- Peabody Creek
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project involves less than 5 acres of restoration work and will not have a significant effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.