Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Jail Yard Fence, Gallows and Stairs Repair
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Repair or replace the deteriorated wood of the fence, gallows and stairs of the Shasta Courthouse Museum in Shasta State Historic Parks to present improved interpretive features to park visitors.
For Fence Replacement
- Remove all existing pressure treated 8x8 posts and fence boards and install new pressure treated 8x8 posts into the existing holes
- If needed, hand excavate additional post holes and install posts;
- Backfill with excavated soils and tamp to secure posts; and
- Use woods screws to attach new fence rails and fence boards.
For the Gallows Replacement
-Replace all 6x6 post caps header supports, all 2x10 joists, and all 2 x 8 decking;
- Replace all 2x6 hand rails and use 4 lag bolts to install new railings on the outside face of the 6x6 posts and add two additional 2x6 guard rails; and
- Replace six 6x6 posts with new 1' mortar standoff post bases.
For the Stair Replace
- Replace all 2x12 stringers, 3x12 treads, and replace all railing support posts and rails.
Project consists of replacement or reconstruction of existing facilities where the new facility will be located on the same site as the facility replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the facility replaced; and the minor public alterations in the condition of land, which does not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees; and consist of projects limited to maintenance, repair or reconstruction of historical resources.