Operation of Scotts Valley Water District- Orchard Run Well 7A Replacement Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Operation of Scotts Valley Water District- Orchard Run Well 7A Replacement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The State Water Board, as the responsible agency, has issued a water supply permit for this Project. The District proposed Project consisted of replacing the collapsed, existing ground water well with a new well of the same 1,400 foot depth with a 16 inch stainless steel casing, and 6 inch well column including a 125 horsepower motor and pump and related equipment. The District Well 7A provided 30% of the District's water supply and is no longer usable after a major well casing failure that occurred on July 29, 2017. The new well site was graded and 122- cubic yards of soil were removed. Parking was available on site and the equipment staging area was located within the 6400 block of Santa's Village Road. This well site has been developed and in constant use since 1993. The replacement well is of substantially the same capacity as the existing well and located in the same treatment facility, within 100-feet from the current well location. The Project construction began in Spetember 2017 and was completed in June 2018.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
1 Lower Ragsdale Dr. Bldg. 1, Suite 120
Phone : (831) 655-6939
- Santa Cruz
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project includes minor alteration and replacement of an existing public utility facility involving negligible or no expansion of capacity.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.