MEN 1 - PM 103.3 Emergency Opening Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- MEN 1 - PM 103.3 Emergency Opening Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of the project was to implement emergency repairs resulting from a storm event to prevent the loss of the highway due to roadway fill displacement along State Route (SR) 1 near Leggett, in Mendocino County at Post Mile (PM) 18.95. This emergency project included landslide clean up and roadway repair. The landslide crossed both highway lanes. Debris, over 25 feet deep, was deposited across the highway and settled into an unnamed drainage nearly 50 feet downslope from the highway. The slide resulted in failure of the road prism and buried approximately 130 linear feet of an unnamed, seasonal drainage. The drainage is at the toe of slope of the roadway prism, which was/is acting as the north bank of the drainage. The south bank is heavily forested with mature conifers. Slide debris was removed, the roadway surface was repaired, and rock slope protection was placed along the road prism and downslope of the failure.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2377
- Other Location Info
- Leggett; SR 1
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project involves restoring the damaged roadway and associated fill slopes by adding scour protection and to decrease future degradation with de minimus increase in fill. The project will not result in an expansion of the existing use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.