Wallace Stream Crossing Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0286-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Wallace Stream Crossing Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0286-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to one encroachment. The encroachment is to remediate a stream crossing that previously had three approaches and blown out by the failure of a neighbor's water bladder up slope. No crossing will be replaced. Road fill and debris will be removed and large wood and armoring will be placed in stabilize soils and reduce and prevent erosion into the stream. The road located on the inaccessible side of the stream will be decommissioned. The other approaches will be re-located in a manner that avoids the stream. A retaining wall will be constructed to support the road and will not intrude on the stream channel or banks.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-2075
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 2, 4, and 33 15302,15304,15333
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project proposed to replace a failed 60-inch culvert with a bridge that will improve fish and wildlife habitat. The bridge placement is a minor alteration of the land and water that will result in no significant impacts and will not involve removal of trees, vegetation or water. There would be no significant adverse impacts on endangered, rate, or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15304. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current project and the effects of probable future projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.