Pacific Gas & Electric Rocky Point Campground Bank Stabilization Repair Project, WDID # 5A32CR00188, Near Prattville, Lake Almanor
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley), Redding
- Document Title
- Pacific Gas & Electric Rocky Point Campground Bank Stabilization Repair Project, WDID # 5A32CR00188, Near Prattville, Lake Almanor
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- PG&E proposed to stabilize the shoreline in an area of Rocky Point Campground on Lake Almanor by repairing areas of damaged rip rap, recontouring and installing rip rap on newly eroded areas, and removing unstable trees. The area experience severe erosion of the shoreline during the winter of 2016-2017. High water levels and heavy wave action damaged existing rip rap, caused bank erosion in non-stabilized area, and undercut and destabilized trees, causing unsafe condition in campsite 120-125.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley),
415 Knollcrest Drive, Suite 100
Redding, CA 96002
Phone : (530) 224-4845
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Rocky Point Campground is an existing facility and the project requires minor repairs (in the form of lakeshore/bank stabilization at five campsites and associated tree removal) to bring the campground to current standard of public safety. No significant effect to the environment are expected, and the project will not cause a substantial adverse effect to any historical resources.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.