Winter Island Tidal Habitat Restoration Project [Cal ifornia Endangered Species Act (CESA) Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2018-066-03 (ITP)].
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR)
- Document Title
- Winter Island Tidal Habitat Restoration Project [Cal ifornia Endangered Species Act (CESA) Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2018-066-03 (ITP)].
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- This proposed project involves restoring and permanently protecting 544 acres of tidal wetlands on Winter Island. Project activities include breaching the southern and northern levees, removing existing water control structures and other debris, widening of an eastern tidal channel, and monitoring special-status plant species that could be impacted by Project activities. The Project will result in permanent impacts to approximately 46.5 square feet of Mason's lilaeopsis (Lilaeopsis masonil). The project is expected to result in incidental take of Mason's lilaeopsis, which is designated as a rare species under the Native Plant Protection Act. The ITP referenced above as issued by CDFW authorizes incidental take of species listed under CESA that may occur as a result of Project implementation.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW)
Bay Delta Region 2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 95434
Phone : (209) 234-3420
- Contra Costa
- Other Location Info
- The project is located on Winter Island, located at the confluence of the Sacramento and San Joaquin rivers, in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, north of the City of Pittsburg, in Contra Costa County.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- The Negative Declaration prepared by the lead agency for the Project is available to the general public at the office location listed above for the lead agency. CDFW's administrative record of proceedings related to the incidental take permit is available to the public for review at CDFW's regional office.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2018082025 PDF 1152 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.