Newk Ridge Notice of Emergency Timber Operations (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0393-R1) for T-18EM-038-SIS
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Newk Ridge Notice of Emergency Timber Operations (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0393-R1) for T-18EM-038-SIS
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to 2 temporary class II skid trial culvert crossings. The crossings shall consist of one or more culvert, designed to handle flow at the time of use. Crossings may incorporate logs as needed and they shall be used between culverts oriented parallel to the stream and culverts to allow free passage of water and aquatic organisms. The culverts and logs shall be covered with a layer of geotextile, then with clean washed drain rock to make a road travel surface. At the completion of use, the rock shall be graded back to the approaches on each side of the crossing. The fabric, culverts and logs shall also be removed prior to October 15th the year of use.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 841-2566
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project proposes temporary skid trial crossing structures across existing crossing locations and will be an upgrade to the current crossing infrastructure. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.