Maintenance of a Pier by Coronado Island Marriott at Coronado Bayfront
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- San Diego Unified Port District
- Document Title
- Maintenance of a Pier by Coronado Island Marriott at Coronado Bayfront
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project involves the renovation of an existing pier located in the city of Coronado, CA. The pier's wooden planks are old, warped, and provide an uneven walking surface that is difficult for people to walk on. The proposed project would install 2,590 sf of pre-cut, light-weight FRP panels directly on top of the existing wooden planks of the existing pier deck. Any minor cutting of panels for the retrofit would be performed over tarps in a staging area off the pier and away from the existing promenade. The staging area would be vacuumed regularly after cutting. The new FRP decking would cover the 2,590 sf of deck space, but would not create any new overwater coverage. The anticipated time of installation would be approx two weeks. Due to its limited scope, construction of the proposed project would generate a minor amount of vehicle trips and would therefore not result in any significant impacts including, but not limited to, air quality, GHGe, noise, or transportation and traffic. Furthermore, the project applicant would be responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regulating stormwater and construction demolition debris recycling.
- Contact Information
San Diego Unified Port District
Land Use Planning Department P.O. Box 120488
San Diego, CA 92112-0488
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15302
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project involves the minor alteration and remodeling of the existing deck of a pier on the same site as the existing pier and with no expansion of use beyond that previously existing.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.