Indiana Ranch Road Storm Damage Repair Project (LSA# 1600-2018-0101-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Indiana Ranch Road Storm Damage Repair Project (LSA# 1600-2018-0101-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed LSA# 1600-2018-0101-R2, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to County of Yuba, Dept of Public Works. The project proposes to repair the roadway and embankment of existing Indiana Ranch Rd by constructing a soldier pile retaining wall. A 70 ft long by 9-ft wide section of the roadway washed out due to oversaturated embankment caused by the 2017 winter storms. A portion of the roadway deflected downward from lack of soil support and caused failure of an 18-in diameter culvert. The purpose of the proposed project is to: repair the existing roadway and embankment to provide adequate and safe vehicle passage; install a soldier pile retaining wall to guard against future slide; replace the failed culvert. The roadway repair will consist of constructing a soldier pile retaining wall varying in height from 4-ft to 18-ft. The wall will be supported on 24-in or 30-in diameter CIDH piles ranging from 20-ft to 30-ft below the base of the wall. The existing unsuitable material behind the retaining wall will be excavated and replaced with either imported fill material or TDA that will be used as roadway embankment behind the wall. Metal beam guard-railing will be placed at the top of the wall. A 16-ft wide paved roadway will be constructed to restore the roadway and match existing conditions. Drainage on the uphill side of the roadway will be collected in a French drain system or roadside ditch and conveyed under the roadway in a new culvert. The new culvert is anticipated to be between 18-in and 24-in in diameter.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2951
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is exempt under class 3 1 b/c it involves an existing private road and the project involves no expansion of the existing use. It is exempt under class 4 b/c the project is minor alteration of an existing structure and it does not involve the removal of any scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.