Repair of Azusa Conduit Between Tunnels 23/24
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Repair of Azusa Conduit Between Tunnels 23/24
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW is proposing to execute a lake and streambed alteration agreement no. 1600-2018-0178-R5. The project consists of repairing the Azusa Conduit in the San Gabriel Canyon to restore water conveyance within the conduit. Construction activities in the Azusa Conduit include installing a steel liner over a hole in the conduit floor between tunnels 23 & 24. The steel liner is composed of 18-ft long steel plates and stiffening materials. The project will be accessed by foot and bicycle via the conduit tunnel from an entry point below Morris Dam. Min to no disturbance relating to foot and vehicle traffic will occur. Ropes, winches and dollies may be used to transport materials to the project site. Welding and drill will be utilized to install the steel liner.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5
South Coast Region 3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (562) 342-2103
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 1 consists of the operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing, or minor alteration of existing public or private structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographical features, involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.