Malakoff Interpretive Panels Installation
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Malakoff Interpretive Panels Installation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Install five ADA compliant interpretive panels at Malakoff Diggings State Historic Park to provide park visitors with interpretive information about the town's people, places, and legacy of hydraulic mining. The proposed work will: Use a gas powered auger to excavate a total of eight, 24" deep by 8" wide holes (two (2) per sign) at: 1) Cummins Hall/Kallenberger Barber Shop, 2) shaft six on the Humbug Creek Trail, 3) near the Hiller Tunnel entrance on the Diggins Loop Trail, and 4) between campsites 24 and 27 at the Diggins Overlook; Install, at each site, double post black powder coated metal frames with 3" square by 5' tall legs and an attached 12" x12" angled mounting plate for the interpretive panels; Set frame posts with concrete, backfill over the concrete with native soil, and use vandal resistant screws to attach the interpretive panels to the frames; and Use lag bolts, standard bolts, and nuts to attach one double post frame to the underside of the north edge of the Diggins Pond Boardwalk and use vandal resistant screws to attach the interpretive panel to the frame.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (530) 525-9533
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15303,15304, class 3, 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- New Construction or Conversion. Minor Alterations to Land.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.