Southern California Gas Company, Olympic Boulevard Facility Hazardous Waste Management Facility, Permit Renewal
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Southern California Gas Company, Olympic Boulevard Facility Hazardous Waste Management Facility, Permit Renewal
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- DTSC pursuant to authority granted under title 22, division 4.5, chp 14 is proposing to approve a hazardous Waste Permit Renewal for the Southern California Gas Company, Olympic Blvd facility. The facility is located within a 14-acre parcel which contains several owner operations and one lessee's operation. SoCal Gas is a natural gas distribution utility serving a large portion of Southern and Central CA. The only activities currently conducted by SoCal Gas at the facility are hazardous waste generator activities and the storage of waste containing PCBs for up to one year that were generated off-site at Southern California Gas project sites facilities. The SoCal Gas facility is used for storage of containers of PCB containing hazardous waste from off-site SoCal Gas sites. Three hazardous waste management units are permitted at this facility.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
8800 Cal Center Drive
Sacramento, CA 95826-3000
Phone : (916) 255-6531
- Los Angeles Los Angeles, City of
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is an existing facility and renewal of the permit allows the facility to continue operations for the next 10 year term of the permit. The proposed renewal of the permit will not increase the hazardous waste storage capacity of the facility. No changes are proposed either to the waste codes currently permitted to be stored at the hazardous waste facility. The proposed renewal of the permit will not change the operation plan. The renewal of the permit will not affect the makeup of the personnel that manage in any of the physical conditions within the area affected by the project. DTSC has determined that the project will not change its current permitted impact to the land, air, water, ambient noise, and objects of historic or aesthetic significance.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.