Sproul Water Diversions, Stream Crossings, and Pond Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0362-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Sproul Water Diversions, Stream Crossings, and Pond Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0362-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0362-R1, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to Mr. James Sproul. The project is limited to six encroachments. One encroachment is for water diversion from an unnamed tributary to the Mad River. Water is diverted for domestic use. Work for this water diversion will include facility retrofit, use and maintenance of the water diversion infrastructure. One encroachment is to remove an existing instream pond and install a culvert. Work for this project will include, excavation and restoration of natural stream gradient and replacement with a new properly sized culvert, back filling and rock armoring as necessary. The four other proposed encroachments are to upgrade failing and undersized culverts. Work for these encroachments will include excavation, removal of the failing culverts, replacement with new properly sized culverts, backfilling and compaction of fill, and rock armoring as necessary to minimize erosion.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-2077
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15302, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is limited to 6 encroachments to permit a water diversion, upgrade existing road/stream crossings, and remove and remediate a hydrologically connected pond. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed on connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.