Pit 1 Hydroelectric Project, Federal Energy Regulatory Commision Project No. 2687 - 401 Water Quality Certification, Condition 13 - Request for Temporary...
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Pit 1 Hydroelectric Project, Federal Energy Regulatory Commision Project No. 2687 - 401 Water Quality Certification, Condition 13 - Request for Temporary...
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Cont., Cessation of Flshing Flow Requirements in 2018 PG&E owns and operates the Pit 1 Hydroelectric Project as a peaking operation that generates 65.5 megawatts of energy from the Pit 1 Powerhouse on the Pit River. On March 19, 2003, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission issued a renewed operating license for the Hydroelectric Project. The FERC license incorporates the water quality certification issued by the State Water Resources COntrol Board on December 4, 2001 as part of the terms and conditions of the new FERC license. Per condition 13 of cetification, PG&E is requires to release summer flushing flows from the Pit 1 Forebay Dam to control nuisance aquatic suspension of summer flushing flows required per condition 13 of Hydroelectric Project certification. The temporary suspension of summer flushing flows requested by PG&E and supported by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
Division of Water Rights P.O. Box 2000
Sacramento, CA 95812
Phone : (916) 341-5389
- ForeBay Dam, Fall River Pond
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- class 7 - S: 15307
- Reasons for Exemption
- Temporary suspension of summer flushing flows for one additional year will not have a significant adverse effect and is exempt from the requirements to preapre environmental documents.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.