Garberville Station Southern Humboldt Technical Rescue Building (SHTR)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Garberville Station Southern Humboldt Technical Rescue Building (SHTR)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project involves grading and construction of a 40' x 60' 4-Bay engineered steel building on a slab foundation, with a 16' x 50' apron, located behind the existing Cal Fire Garberville FFS Station situated on AP#223-183-003. Existing slope is approximately 5.5%, determined by sight level. Plan to cut in 24" on the high side and build up 24" on the high side and build up 24" on the low side. Fill will be adequately compacted. Additional affected area approximately 20' x 50' on the south side of the building site, graded to allow for adequate drainage. All drainage from site will be directed to the existing DI adjacent to the SE corner of the barracks. The power will be from a drop line to pole. Trenching will need to be done for the installation of a water line and secondary power source if the drop will not work. The trenching will be done with the aid of a small dozer or trenching machine or by hand. The project site is located 324 Alderpoint Rd in Garberville, CA. During the work required to grade and construct the building, less than one acre of soil will be disrupted. Disrupted areas will be backfilled and compacted to the original condition, which will prevent any change in drainage pattern.
- Cross Streets
- 324 Alderpoint Rd, Garberville, CA
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S: 15301,15303,15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 1: Existing Facilities; Class 3: New Construction; Class 4: Minor Alterations to Land. Most of the project activities would occur within previously disturbed areas. The areas where new ground disturbing activities will occur are minor in scope and include trenching and grading for the cement pad expansion.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.