Replacement of Drainage Culvert Pipeline - Dave Brubeck Road
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Replacement of Drainage Culvert Pipeline - Dave Brubeck Road
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDCR has approved the removal and replacement of an existing 30-ft drainage culvert pipeline under a section of Dave Brubeck Rd west of Ione, CA. CDCR is currently in the process of installing a 30-in pipeline within the roadway as part of a separate project to convey treated effluent to a local pasture where it will be recycled to raise fodder crops. CDCR initially considered boring the new pipeline underneath the existing culvert. However, it was determined that the existing culvert pipe is in poor condition and requires replacement. CDCR will replace the culvert piping and fill once the 30-in pipeline has been installed below grade. The design of the replacement structure will retain the existing concrete walls at each end of the culvert to avoid intrusion to adjacent wetlands. The replacement structure will meet both hydrological criteria for this watershed and it will be built to accommodate commercial traffic. Replacement of the culvert will require hydrological criteria for this watershed and it will be built to accommodate commercial traffic. Replacement of the culvert will require closure of this section of Dave Brubeck Rd for approx 21 days. A review of the local road network confirmed there are multiple options to detour around the construction site; no resident/rancher on Dave Brubeck Rd, Cook Rd, other adjacent rural roads will be prevented access to their property during the closure period. CDCR is providing notice to all residents/ranchers of the closure and providing detour signage.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Rd, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-1141
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of removal and replacement of a 30-ft section of existing drainage culvert pipe under a segment of Dave Brubeck Rd. The pipe is in poor condition b/c of its age, frequency of commercial traffic on this roadway, and the nature of the culvert's original construction. The concrete end-walls at each end of the structure will be retained to minimize disturbance of adjacent vegetation. The new structure will meet the requirements for estimated peak local storm water events, and it will provide a stable roadbed capable of meeting all commercial traffic as defined by Amador County engineering standards. Further, it will have substantially the same purpose and capacity of the existing culvert. The project will result in short-term closure of a segment of the existing roadway but alternative routes are available to minimize traffic delays and public safety concerns. The project meets the criteria of classes of projects the Secretary for Resources has found do not have a significant adverse effect on the environment, and therefore is declared to be categorically exempt from the requirement for preparing an environmental document. None of the exceptions to a notice of exemption apply in these circumstances.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.