Tenney Tank Replacement Project, November 22, 2017
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Inverness Public Utility District
- Document Title
- Tenney Tank Replacement Project, November 22, 2017
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- It is proposed to replace the original three redwood Tenney tanks with two steel tanks designed to current seismic criteria from the American Society of Civil Engineers-7 (ASCE-7) and the American Water Works Association (AWWA). This requires a volume to allow for "sloshing" of water in the tank during a seismic event. The operating volumes will be 53,000 and 65,000 gallons. The tanks would be positioned to be roughly the same foot print and original water level elevation to maintain system pressure and fire flow capacity. The two tanks would be installed in a phased approach by the same contractor. Projected installation date is tentatively set for late 2018. A new 4'x8' building wooden shed (replacing the existing shed) will be constructed to house the chlorine pump and low wattage radio communications equipment.
- Contact Information
Inverness Public Utility District
50 Iverness Way North PO Box 469
Inverness, CA 94937
Phone : (415) 669-1414
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,15061(b)(3), Class 1
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing Facilities. Activity is covered by the general rule that CEQA applies only to projects, which have the potential for causing a significant effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.