Lind Tug and Barge, Inc. Oyster Shell Mining Project (California Endangered Species Act Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2019-052-07 (ITP))
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Lands Commission, California (California State Lands Commission)
- Document Title
- Lind Tug and Barge, Inc. Oyster Shell Mining Project (California Endangered Species Act Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2019-052-07 (ITP))
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- This proposed project involves mining relic oyster shell deposits of the native oyster (Ostrea lurida) in South San Francisco Bay on a portion of CSLC lease No. PRC 5534.1. Oyster shell is mined via a hydraulic suction dredge. The shell is washed and then stored on an adjacent hopper barge. The harvested shell is processed at an upland facility for a variety of uses including dietary supplements for livestock and humans, decorative stone, and as a soil amendment. The Project will result in impacts to habitat of Longfin Smelt (Spirinchus thaleichthys) and Chinook Salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha). The project is expected to result in incidental take of Longfin Smelt and Spring Run Chinook, designated as threatened, and Winter Run Chinook Salmon, which is designated as an endangered species under the California Endangered Species Act. The ITP referenced above as issued by CDFW authorizes incidental take of species listed under CESA that may occur as a result of Project implementation.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) Marine Region
3637 Westwind Blvd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2889
- Other Location Info
- The Project is located in the subtidal areas of South San Francisco Bay just north and adjacent to the San Mateo Bridge on California State Lands Commission Lease No. PRC. 5534.1. The lease lies roughly 3.5 miles from San Mateo County shoreline and 3.25 miles from the Alameda County shoreline.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- The Mitigated Negative Declaration prepared by the lead agency for the Project is available to the general public at the office location listed above for the lead agency. CDFW’s administrative record of proceedings related to the incidental take permit is available to the public for review at CDFW’s regional office.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Environmental Document
- ITP_OysterShellMining_CEQAFilingFeeReceipt PDF 89 K ITP_OysterShellMining_CEQAFindings_200110 PDF 365 K
- Notice of Determination
- 2018062075_ITP_OysterShellMining_NOD_200110 PDF 462 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.