Minterfield and Switchfield Spreading Ponds Dirt Removal (Project)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- North Kern Water Storage District
- Document Title
- Minterfield and Switchfield Spreading Ponds Dirt Removal (Project)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project consists of removal of dirt from portions of the District's Minterfield and Switchfield Spreading Ponds. The dirt will removed by the CA High Speed Rail Authority's contractor, CA Rail Builder, LLC (HSRA), for use as borrow material on nearby sites where the High Speed Rail (HSR) will be constructed, and/or will be removed by another contractor for use to repair nearby portions of the Friant-Kern Canal damaged by subsidence. The project will benefit the District and its landowners because lowering the bottom of the ponds will allow for continued maximization of groundwater recharge while minimizing the risk of upstream levee failure causing water to escape the ponds and/or neighboring agricultural lands.
- Contact Information
North Kern Water Storage District
33380 Cawelo Avenue
Bakersfield, CA 93308
Phone : (661) 393-2696
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15061(b)(3),15301,4, Class 1,4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing Facilities. Minor alterations to Land.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.