Invasive Nutria Survey Eradiction Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 4 (Fresno) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 4)
- Document Title
- Invasive Nutria Survey Eradiction Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project activities include walking aquatic habitats for nutria or their seign, setting up remote cameras and floating platforms, and recording data on observations. Where nutria are confirmed to be present, traps will be deployed, maintained, and checked daily. Captured nutria will be dispatched on-site and carcasses removed. Typical habitat types to be surveyed include rivers, streams, creeks, ponds, reservoirs, river backwaters and wetlands, particularly sites with emergent or floating vegetation. Traps will be placed along the shoreline of emergent vegetation or floating on artificial platforms.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 4
1234 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-4005
- Fresno Madera Merced San Joaquin Stanislaus Tuolumne
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S: 15269; 21080
- Reasons for Exemption
- Emergency is defined as a sudden, unexpected occurrence, involving a clear and imminent danger, demanding immediate action to prevent or mitigate loss of, or damage to, life , health, property or essential public services.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.