Walter Moody Emergency (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0252-R1) for 2-18EM-015-SIS
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Walter Moody Emergency (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0252-R1) for 2-18EM-015-SIS
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project is limited to 2 temporary encroachments on Middle Creek and a tributary to Middle Creek. Crossing #1 is a Class I crossing that shall consist of two or more 24 inch culverts designed to handle flow at the time of use. Some logs may be used between culverts oriented parallel to the stream and culverts to allow free passage of water and aquatic organisms. The culverts and logs shall be covered with a layer of geotextile, then with clean washed drain rock to make a road travel surface. At the competition of use, the rock shall be graded back to the approaches on each side of the crossing. The fabric, culverts and logs shall also be removed. Approaches to crossing #1 shall be rocked 25 feet from the south (or until break of slope) before the crossing and approx. 100 feet following the crossing to the north until the road meets the hillslope leading to crossing #2. Crossing #2 is a Class II tributary to Middle Creek and shall be constructed as a vented ford crossing utilizing a flex pipe 8 inches or greater to handle flow: The pipe shall be set to grade with large rock on top to stabilize. The crossing shall be removed upon completion of use or before the winter period.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 841-2566
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,15304, Class 1, 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing facilities. Minor Alterations to Land.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.