Issuance of Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0239-R1, Eagle Ranch Diversions & Maintenance Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Issuance of Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0239-R1, Eagle Ranch Diversions & Maintenance Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to the 1) diversion of water from Old Creek, 2) diversion of water from the unnamed springs, and 3) operation of existing diversion facilities at Cold Creek Diversion. The permittee has pre1914 water rights at both diversions. The Cold Creek Diversion water right is 3.5 cfs from April 1 to Nov 1 for irrigation. The unnamed springs water right is for the entirety of the springs which is between 3.5-4.5 cfs year around for hydropower. The water from the 7 springs is collected and piped to the power house and then emptied into Cold Creek. Approx 10% of the unnamed springs is taken for domestic, irrigation and stockwater purposes from the power house. The Cold Creek water diversion has a screen at the head gate and all water is piped from the headgate to points of use. Maintenance of the screen and/or headgate may be necessary to prevent debris buildup. The permittee is in compliance with the SWRCB Control Division of Water Rights. Work for the water diversions will include use and maintenance of existing water diversion infrastructures.
- Contact Information
Michael R. Harris
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2306
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is the annual maintenance of an existing water diversion structure and the diversion of water from Cold Creek pursuant to their lawful water right. There will be no removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees as a result of this project. The project will have no significant effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.