Tribal Request to Amend Regulations to Six Marine Protected Areas
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Game Commission (California Fish and Game Commission)
- Document Title
- Tribal Request to Amend Regulations to Six Marine Protected Areas
- Document Type
- NEG - Negative Declaration
- Present Land Use
- Open ocean, Marine Protected Areas
- Document Description
- Note: Review Per Lead Requests to amend current Marine Protected Area regulations were submitted to the Commission by the Kashia Band of Pomo Indians and the Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians. The Kashia have requested that the northern and southern boundaries of the Stewarts Point SMCA be shifted southward to provide access to the shoreline and the marine resources for traditional, ceremonial, cultural, and subsistence purposes. The Chumash petitioned the Commission to grant tribal take exemptions in four SMCAs in Southern California that are within their areas of historic and/or current tribal use: Kashtaylt SMCA, Naples SMCA, Point Dume SMCA, and Anacapa Island SMCA.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Game Commission
PO Box 944209
Sacramento, CA 95630
Phone : (530) 613-9875
- Total Acres
- 30 sq. mi.
- Pacific Ocean
- Other Location Info
- State Waters: Malibu, Stewarts Point, Goleta
Notice of Completion
- Review Period Start
- Review Period End
- Local Action
- Other Action Other Action: amend reg.
- Project Issues
- Aesthetic/Visual Air Quality Archaeologic-Historic Biological Resources Coastal Zone Minerals Noise Public Services Recreation/Parks Toxic/Hazardous Traffic/Circulation Water Quality Cumulative Effects
- Reviewing Agencies
- California Coastal Commission California Department of Justice, Attorney General's Office California Department of Parks and Recreation California Department of Transportation, District 4 California Department of Transportation, District 5 California Native American Heritage Commission California State Lands Commission Department of Water Resources Office of Historic Preservation Resources Agency Santa Monica Bay Restoration State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Water Quality
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.