200 S Taaffe Street - File Number 2020-7262 (Covered by the DSP EIR)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- City of Sunnyvale
- Document Title
- 200 S Taaffe Street - File Number 2020-7262 (Covered by the DSP EIR)
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Present Land Use
- DSP/18 (Downtown Specific Plan/ DSP Block 18) - 201 (Shopping Center)
- Document Description
- NOD for Approving a Special Development Permit for a new 12 story (142' tall) mixed use building with 479 dwelling units and approximately 30,000 square feet of ground floor commercial space and two levels of underground parking and Vesting Tentative Map for commercial condominium spaces. The proposed project is consistent with the City's adopted Development Agreement (Ordinance No. 3164-20) between City of Sunnyvale and STC Venture LLC and related entities ("Cityline") and this project was evaluated in the Sunnyvale Downtown Specific Plan EIR. STC File No. 2020-7182.
- Contact Information
City of Sunnyvale
456 W Olive Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Phone : (408) 730-7463
STC Venture, LLC, and Related Entities ("Cityline")
- Santa Clara
- Citywide Countywide
- Cross Streets
- W Washington Ave., Murphy Ave., McKinley Ave.
- Total Acres
- Parcel #
- Other Location Info
- 200 S Taaffe Street (w/in Block 18), Sunnyvale, Santa Clara County -The proposed project is located on Subblock 3 which is a part of Block 18 of the DSP. Block 18 includes the area between Mathilda Avenue, Sunnyvale Avenue, Washington Avenue and McKinley including existing office, retail and residential buildings. Subblock 3 of the CityLine project is currently developed with the former Macy’s building to the north, and Redwood Square and a small parking lot to the south.
- Other Information
- The proposed project includes the redevelopment of the southern part of the block with a 12-story mixed-use building comprised of two structures, Building 1 (West Tower on Taaffe Street) and Building 2 (East Tower on Murphy Avenue). The ground floor would be comprised of approximately 30,000 square feet of restaurant and retail space facing Murphy Avenue, McKinley Avenue and Redwood Square. Residential access and amenity space would face Taaffe Street. The remaining upper floors would contain 479 residential units, and open space and amenities for future residents. Two levels of parking would be located beneath the building and would contain 470 parking spaces and other residential amenities. The project also includes improvements to the right-of-way (Murphy Avenue, McKinley Avenue, and Taaffe Street) and Redwood Square. A new private road would be added at the northern extent of the proposed building and would be used to access the underground parking lots for the subject site and proposed project on the northern portion of Subblock 3.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- City of Sunnyvale
- Approving Agency Role
- Lead Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2020-7262 200 S Taaffe CEQA NOD signed not filed PDF 3315 K Notice_2018052020 PDF 96 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.