Mission Bay Ferry Landing and Water Taxi Landing Project (California Endangered Species Act Incidental Take Permit Minor Amendment No. 2081-2018-062-07-A1 (ITP)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Marin Region 7 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Mission Bay Ferry Landing and Water Taxi Landing Project (California Endangered Species Act Incidental Take Permit Minor Amendment No. 2081-2018-062-07-A1 (ITP)
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- This proposed project involves the construction of a single float, duel berth, ferry landing and a water taxi landing and supporting infrastructure including ramps, piers, gangways, and platforms along the Port of San Francisco’s Southern Waterfront. This ITP Amendment (Minor Amendment No. 1) extends the ITP expiration date to November 30, 2025. The Project will result in hydroacoustic impacts to Longfin smelt (Spirinchus thaleichthys) and Chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha); the Project will permanently remove 0.24 acres of Longfin smelt and Chinook salmon habitat. The project is expected to result in incidental take Longfin smelt and Central Valley Spring-run Chinook salmon, which are designated as threatened species, and Sacramento River Winter-run Chinook salmon, which is designated as an endangered species under the California Endangered Species Act. The ITP referenced above as issued by CDFW authorizes incidental take of species listed under CESA that may occur as a result of Project implementation.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife - Marine Region
3637 Westwind Blvd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 791-4195
Port of San Francisco
- San Francisco
- Other Information
- The Mission Bay Ferry Landing and Water Taxi Landing Project is located within the Mission Bay neighborhood near the intersection of Terry A. Francois Boulevard and 16th Street, adjacent to Agua Vista Park and near the planned Bayfront Park within the City and County of San Francisco. The Project is located approximately 1.6 miles south of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, at approximately 37°45’59.35”N, 122°23’09.21”W, on the western shoreline of San Francisco Bay.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- The Mitigated Negative Declaration prepared by the lead agency for the Project is available to the general public at the office location listed above for the lead agency. CDFW's administrative record of proceedings related to the incidental take permit is available to the public for review at CDFW's regional office.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- ITP_SFMissionBayFerry_Amend1_NOD PDF 220 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.