Nichols Ranch Specific Plan (Specific Plan No. 2018-01), Specific Plan Amendment No. 2017-03, General Plan Amendment No. 2018-01, Zone Change No. 2018-01...
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Lake Elsinore, City of (City of Lake Elsinore)
- Document Title
- Nichols Ranch Specific Plan (Specific Plan No. 2018-01), Specific Plan Amendment No. 2017-03, General Plan Amendment No. 2018-01, Zone Change No. 2018-01...
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- The Project is a proposal to establish the Nichols Ranch Specific Plan (NRSP) over the 72.5-acre property that includes 168 residential homes on approximately 31.1 acres; 14.5 acres of commercial uses (130-room hotel, 6,000 Square Foot (SF) fast food restaurant with a drive-through, 5,500 SF fast-food restaurant without a drive through, 9,400 SF sit-down restaurant, 4,400 SF commercial retail uses, an 8,000 SF health and fitness club, a gas station (with market and car wash) with 16 fueling stations, and 43,000 SF office uses); 8.3 acres of recreation uses; drainage basins on 5.5 acres; 1.3 acres of open space; and roadways on 5.3 acres. General Plan Amendment No. 2018-01 proposes to change the southern 27.1 acres of the project site from "General Commercial" to "Specific Plan" land uses. Specific Plan Amendment No. 2017-03 proposes to amend the approved Alberhill Ranch Specific Plan (ARSP) to remove the northern 45.4 acres of the project site from the ARSP boundaries. Specific Plan No. 2018-01 proposes to establish the NRSP over the 72.5 acre site and to establish development standards, design guidelines, and zoning requirements. Zone Change No. 2018-01 proposes to establish the NRSP as the zoning for the site. Tentative Tract Map No. 37305 proposes to subdivide the 72.5 acre site into 168 residential lots ranging in size from 4,549 SF to 9,468 SF (average 5,896 SF), one 14.22-acre commercial lot, one 0.13-acre sewer lift station, a 6.4-acre park site, 10 street lots, and 16 lettered lots.
- Contact Information
City of Lake Elsinore
130 South Main Street
Lake Elsinore, CA 92530
Phone : (951) 674-3124 x 913
- 32°42'20.6"N 117°21'3.4"W
- Lake Elsinore
- Parcel #
- 389-200-038, 039; 389-210- 008, 032, 034, 036, and portions of 389-200-035 & 036
- Other Location Info
- The Project is located on the southerly side of Nichols Road; easterly side of Interstate 15; west El Toro Road/Wood Mesa Court; and north of and adjacent to the Temescal Canyon High School.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Lake Elsinore City Council
- Approving Agency Role
- Lead Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- City of Lake Elsinore, 130 South Main Street Lake Elsinore, CA 92530.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2018051051_Copy of Signed NOD and Env Filing Receipt (2019-12-06) PDF 903 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.