Dales Lake Ecoogical Reserve Grazing Program
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Dales Lake Ecoogical Reserve Grazing Program
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Cattle grazing will be used on the Dales Lake Ecological Reserve to alter the vegetation composition thereby improving wildlife habitat. The proposed grazing prescription will encourage the growth of native plants associated with the vernal pools found on the property. The grazing period will be from Dec. 1 to May 1 each year. Dales Lake Ecological Reserve has not been grazed for several years, the lack of grazing has allowed the invasion of non-native plants, the reintroduction of grazing will minimize competition and allow native vegetation to again flourish.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 459-1129
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15304,16306, Class 4,6
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor Alterations to Land. Information Collection.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.