Pajaro Watershed Toxicity Reduction Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Santa Cruz County Resource Conservation District
- Document Title
- Pajaro Watershed Toxicity Reduction Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Pajaro River Watershed is approx. 1,300 sq. miles spanning portions of Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, San Benito and Monterey Counties. Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs) have been adopted for the organophosphates chlorpyrifos and diazinon for the Pajaro River watershed while impacts due to pyrethroids, legacy pesticides and other current-use pesticides have also been documented. The purpose of this project is to reduce pesticide loading and toxicity to impaired surface waters in the Pajaro River watershed through the implementation of best management practices (BMPs) that are proven to reduce pesticide loading. This project will implement BMPs designed to reduce pesticide use and/or reduce off-site movement of pesticides. Examples of BMPs may include but are not limited to: integrated pest management, hedgerows, cover crop, insectary plantings, sprayer equipment calibration and equipment upgrades, bug vacuums, sediment traps, vegetated treatment, or activated carbon filtration.
- Contact Information
Santa Cruz County Resource Conservation District
820 Bay Avenue, Suite 128
Capitola, CA 95010
Phone : (831) 464-2950
- Monterey San Benito Santa Clara Santa Cruz
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,3,4, Class 1,3,4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing Facilities. New Construction or Conversion. Minor Alterations to Land.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.