Spartina patens Management at Southampton Bay Wetland Natural Preserve
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife (HQ) Environmental Services (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Environmental Services Division)
- Document Title
- Spartina patens Management at Southampton Bay Wetland Natural Preserve
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW is issuing an amended permit to the San Francisco Estuary Invasive Spartina Project pursuant to Fish and Game Code section 2081(a) for a project to treat an exotic invasive weed, Spartina patens, to facilitate management and recovery of Chloropyron molle subsp. molle. Project activities include applying herbicides to Spartina patens infestations, and post-treatment monitoring of Chloropyron molle subsp. molle. Herbicide treatment occurred annually for 3 years beginning in 2015. The permit is amended to allow an additional year of herbicide treatment in 2018. Chloropyron molle subsp. molle will be monitored annually following herbicide treatment, and monitoring will continue for 5 years after the final herbicide treatment is applied.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Environmental Servic
PO Box 944209
Sacramento, CA 94244-2090
Phone : (916) 651-6508
- Other Location Info
- Benicia State Recreation Area
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will assure the maintenance and enhancement of habitat in the Preserve for plants and wildlife, and the treatment area is much less than 5 acres in size. The permit issued by the CDFW for the project includes measures to ensure that existing populations of Chloropyron molle subsp. molle are not adversely impacted.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.