Dry Creek Vegetation Removal (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0362-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Dry Creek Vegetation Removal (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0362-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0362-R2, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to Union Pacific Railroad. The project consists of the routine maintenance of an approx 0.7 acre area of vegetation adjacent to Dry Creek. Maintenance activities will include removal of trees and shrubs, removing tree limbs up to a height of 8 ft, removal of invasive plants by cutting them to 6 in or shorter and treating the cut stems with herbicide, and planting live willow stakes. The purpose of the vegetation removal is to remove cover for homeless encampments and provide increased visibility for enforcement personnel.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2955
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304, 15330
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is exempt under class 4 b/c it consists of the minor alteration to the condition of land; it is exempt under class 30 b/c it is an action to clean up existing encampments and to prevent future encampments and associated garbage and waste products from accumulating on the site and contaminating Dry Creek.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.