Rio Oso-West Sacramento 115 kV, Tower 017/127 (LSA# 1600-2018-0036-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Rio Oso-West Sacramento 115 kV, Tower 017/127 (LSA# 1600-2018-0036-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed LSA# 1600-2018-0036-R2, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to the PG&E Company. An existing lattice steel tower will be removed and replaced with a new lattice steel tower approx 30 ft north, on-center and in-line, from the existing tower. Installation of 4 new concrete footings will require augured holes of approx 4.6 cy of soil per footing. After auguring is complete, rebar cages will be placed directly into the drilled hole, and concrete would be poured for each new footing. After the tower foundations have cured, the new tower will be erected and electrical conductors transferred from the existing tower to the replacement tower. The existing tower will be dismantled and removed from the project area. Concrete footings from the old tower will be mechanically chipped and removed to approx 2-3 ft below the existing grade. Native soil resulting from the nearby foundation excavation will be placed into any voids remaining after foundation removal and compacted to a density equal to that of the adjacent undisturbed material. Any remaining excavated material and debris will be removed from the work site and disposed at a qualified landfill. The work area will be restored to pre-construction contours and topography following completion of project activities.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2900
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project involves the replacement of an existing electric transmission tower where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.