South County Shadedd Fuel Break
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- South County Shadedd Fuel Break
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project consists of 350 acres of roadside fuels reduction and minor road surface maintenance in Southern Nevada County at approximately 1700 feet in elevation. The project area lies between Highway 49 and Dog Bar Road and includes the Lodestar Homeowners Association, Buck Mountain Estates, and Golden Oaks communities. The proposed projects involves utilizing CALFIRE personnel to install a shaded fuel break along several road systems. Crews will remove understory fuels within 150 feet of the roadway centerline. Brush and some trees under 8 inches in diameter, will be removed and either chipped or burned. The work includes removing underbrush and pruning trees with chainsaws and hand tools to reduce the fuel continuity, then chipping or pile burning to decrease fuel loading. The treatment allows rapid-fire containment and prevents small fires from growing large before fire resources can arrive at scene to attack the fire. This project will provide a safe, strategic location to attack a wildfire while improving access and egress to responding units and the public.
- Contact Information
Nevada Yuba Placer unit 13760 Lincoln Way
Auburn, CA 95603
Phone : (530) 889-0111
- Other Information
- Cont., Sections: 1,2,3,5,6,10,11,15; T14N, T15N, R08E, R09E
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- class 4 - S:15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- No exceptions apply which would preclude the use of a Notice of exemption for this project.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.