BNSF Bridge 574.5 Replacement Project (WDID: 7B363040001)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 7 (Colorado River Basin), Palm Desert
- Document Title
- BNSF Bridge 574.5 Replacement Project (WDID: 7B363040001)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of the project is to repair an existing railroad bridge, known as BNSF Bridge 574.5, which spans a desert dry wash channel near the Colorado River. BNSF Bridge 574.5 is in disrepair and ned sot be repaired in order to restore the rail crossing to optimal functioning. Project activities will extend the useful life of this rail crossing and aid against future damage by flash flood waters. The proposed project involves the replacement and reconstruction of existing bridge support structures that occupy the northbound railway. Project activities will include use of heavy equipment for removal of existing bridge material and the replacement of bridge piles with fewer than currently existing on site. About half of the existing wooden bridges piles will be replaced with steel H piles on the northbound track in their original location. The Project will not change the size, general footprint, purpose or capacity of the existing bridge. Best management practices (BMPs) will be used that are appropriate for this type of project activity and the streambed will be returned to its pre-project condition.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 7 (Colorado River B
73-720 Fred Waring Drive, Suite 100
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Phone : (760) 776-8986
- San Bernardino
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15302, Class 2
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project includes the repair of an existing pipeline.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.