Deerwood Drive Extension Fuel Reduction
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Deerwood Drive Extension Fuel Reduction
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project consists of the removal of vegetation located adjacent to 1.3 miles of Deerwood Drive to improve egress out of the Deerwood/Woodlake Drive community and improve defensible space around Millview Water District infrastructure in the event of a wildland fire. Hand crews will reduce surface and ladder fuels by cutting and chipping shrubs and understory trees for the purpose of reducing the fire hazard along the county road and around Water District facilities. Theroadway treatment area consists of the county road Right-of-Way extending approximately 30-ft in both directions from the centerline of the roadway. The vegetation consists of oak & conifer stands with areas of dense shrubs. Hand crews will utilize chainsaws, pole-saws & hand tools to remove brush and dead ground fuels. Live trees which are 10-in. diameter or less may be thinned and removed. Larger trees will have branches pruned up to 8-ft above ground level. Woody material generated by this project shall be chipped. This project is maintenance of an existing fuel reduction area.
- Contact Information
Mendocino Unit 17501 North Highway 101
Willis, CA 95490
Phone : (707) 961-1494
- Other Information
- Portion of Unsurveyed Yokaya Rancho
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S: 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- minor public/private alterations in the conditions of land, water, and/or vegetation which do not involve removal of healthy, mature & scenic trees except for forestry or agricultural purposes.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.