California Aqueduct Road Grading/V-ditch Clearing
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- California Aqueduct Road Grading/V-ditch Clearing
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- DFD staff will grade the secondary access road of the CAAQ from Check 1 (MM 5.95) to Check 8 (MM 45.97). This access road is approx 38 miles long by 30 ft wide. Total area to be graded is approx 38 miles long by 30 ft wide. Total area to be graded is approx 138 acres. A grader will follow behind to fill holes and return the roadway to design specifications. Any dirt that is pushed away from the road by the grader will be given another pass with the grader to push material back onto the road, and then graded again. DFD staff will also re-grade the V-ditch that runs the length of the CAAQ secondary and primary roads. Material will be removed from the V-ditches with the grader to allow proper drainage, and then re-graded into the road shoulder or back onto the embankment using a road grader.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-7213
- Alameda San Joaquin Stanislaus
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The state water project provides significant and important services to many Californians. This project is exempt b/c it involves routine maintenance activities. This project will not result in impacts to special status species or habitat. B/c this activity can be implemented w/o any significant environmental impacts, exemption class 1 for CEQA compliance.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.