Kinder Morgan LS-112 Mammoth Washout Pipeline Repair Project (WDID: 7A133154001)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 7 (Colorado River Basin), Palm Desert
- Document Title
- Kinder Morgan LS-112 Mammoth Washout Pipeline Repair Project (WDID: 7A133154001)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- About 15 ft of the KMPL 20-in diameter oil pipeline has been exposed due to heavy wash flows. Crew will hand dig the circumference of the pipe and an additional 3 ft beyond each exposure to inspect the coating, applying duct tape at exposure termination ends. The pipeline will be inspected for damaged and repair. A total excavation of 10 ft x 15 ft is expected. A total disturbance area of 0.43 acres is anticipated. This disturbance may vary in shape as required by KMPL to accommodate unforeseen factors or to reduce impacts. During repairs, a steel shoring box may be installed to ensure appropriate worker safety. Repairs will likely include, but are not limited to, welding a new steel sleeve, installation of a composite sleeve, replacement of coating, or removal or replacement of pipe.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 7 (Colorado River B
73-720 Fred Waring Drive, Suite 100
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Phone : (760) 776-8986
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15282, 21080.21
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project is stutorily exempt from CEQA in accordance with section 15282 (K) b/c the project includes the repair of an existing pipeline.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.