Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP) Energy Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP) Energy Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDCR proposes to retrofit existing interior and exterior lighting systems, various mechanical systems and control systems to increase efficiency, lower maintenance costs, and replace equipment that has exceeded its functional lifetime. The goal for this project is to upgrade the existing systems to current technology and maintain or improve existing lighting levels for enhanced security. The proposed upgrades involve replacement of the existing equipment, such as replacing heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units, domestic water circulation pumps and replacement of high pressure sodium lighting to a more energy efficient light emitting diode design.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Rd, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-3010
- Crescent City
- Del Norte
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This exemption allows for the operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing or minor alteration of existing public structures, facilities, or mechanical equipment to meet current standards of public health and safety, that involve negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. The project consists of alterations to existing equipment and involves no expansion of use. This is one of a class of projects that the secretary for resources has found do not have a significant effect on the environment, and therefore is declared to be exempt from the requirement for preparing an environmental document.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.