Mill Creek Diversion Structure Removal Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0401-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Mill Creek Diversion Structure Removal Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0401-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0401-R2, pursuant to section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the El Dorado Irrigation District. The project is limited to the removal of the existing 17-ft long by 18 in wide reinforced concrete Mill Creek diversion structure including metal structures with the slide gate and outlet pipe, and demolition of portions of the associated concrete diversion dam. The diversion structure will be dismantled and removed using hand tools such as sledge hammers, picks, breaker bars, and shovels, and power tools such as a demolition hammer, a grinder, and a dry concrete power cutting saw. Structural rebar embedded within the diversion dam wing walls and any other metal structures that cannot be fully dismantled will be cut flush with the surrounding parent surfaces using power tools or a cutting torch. Work will take place in late summer or early fall, when flows in Mill Creek are minimal. Prior to removing the diversion structure, flows will be routed around the construction area by constructing a temporary sandbag cofferdam upstream of the work area and diverting flows through a six to eight in bypass pipe, which will outlet downstream of the work area.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2955
- El Dorado
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is exempt under class 4 b/c it consists of a minor alteration to the condition of a stream and will not remove any mature, healthy, scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.