Penryn Road at Secret Ravine Repair Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Placer County
- Document Title
- Penryn Road at Secret Ravine Repair Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Penryn Road sustained heavy damage at the Secret Ravine culvert during the January/February 2017 winter storms, due to high flows that over topped the road. County road maintenance crews repaired the road after the initial damage, but the roadway section over the culvert continued to settle at a substantial rate during the winter and spring rainy season. The existing culvert is approximately 15'-8" wide and 10'-8" tall and is comprised of steel multi-plate corrugated metal pipe which is deteriorating and damaged. Although the roadway over the existing culvert is still operable and currently open to traffic, Penryn Rd has been signed with 7-ton load limit signs to mitigate roadway settlement and the conditions are being monitored on a regular basis. The existing culvert needs to be replaced as soon as possible because it is susceptible to washout or collapse due to the damage and on-going settlement. The Department of Public Works and Facilities (DPWF) undertook the proposed project on May 4, 2017 which will remove the existing culvert and construct a new bridge on a similar alignment and at a higher elevation under an expedited design and construction schedule meeting current design standards and Central Valley Flood Protection Board requirements. The repair is needed to prevent the existing culvert from washout and endangering the travelling public.
- Contact Information
3091 County Center Drive., Suite 220
Auburn, CA 95603
Phone : (530) 745-3564
- Cross Streets
- 0.2 mi South of I-80 on Penryn Rd and Secret Ravine
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- S: 21080(b)(4);15269(b)(c)(d)
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project is being undertaken due to damage from the January/February 2017 floods; the culvert will be replaced with a bridge to prevent collapse and washout; the project will maintain essential roadway access provided by Penryn Rd. Existinv Facilities, repair of existing public roadway. The project will not result in an expansion of the existing use. Replacement of Reconstruction of existing facilities. The bridge will be located on the same site and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as currently exists.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.