Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) Disadvantaged Communities Planning Initiative
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Southern California Association of Governments
- Document Title
- Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) Disadvantaged Communities Planning Initiative
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project is intended to develop six (6) active transportation plans in disadvantaged communities and "pilot" an innovative planning methodology to help deliver low-cost, local plans across the region by leveraging regional planning tools (health/active transportation models and active transportation database) and SCAG Go Human engagement resources. Disadvantaged communities in the SCAG region often lack quality active transportation infrastructure and face safety challenges. Without plans, these communities are at a disadvantage when applying for funding to address these deficiencies. In the SCAG region, only 26% of cities have bicycle plans and 11% have pedestrian plans. Each plan will be developed using a combination of traditional and innovative stakeholder outreach to reach disadvantaged community members. Outreach will involve community meetings and direct engagement with existing forums such as faith-based organizations as well as a tactical urbanism demonstration projects held in conjunction with a community event.
- Contact Information
Southern California Association of Governments
900 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1700
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Phone : (213) 236-1819
- Los Angeles Orange Riverside San Bernardino Ventura
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15061,15301,4,11 Class 1,4,11
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing Facilities. Minor Alterations to Land. Accessory Structures.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.