La Jolla Medical Center - Thornton Hospital Geriatric ED & RIC
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- University of California San Diego
- Document Title
- La Jolla Medical Center - Thornton Hospital Geriatric ED & RIC
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project proposes to remodel existing space on the first floor of the UC San Diego Medical Center Thornton Hospital to provide a new Geriatric Emergency Department (ED) and a Radiology Intake Center (RIC). THe Geriatric ED would provide necessary services and complementary care specialized towards the needs of patients aged 65 and above, and would include features such as non-skid flooring, enhanced signage, and mitigation of excess light and noise. The RIC renovation would replace the existing Patient Intake Center. It would serve as the holding and patient prep area for the Radiology Department located adjacent on the same floor.
- Contact Information
University of California San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive Mail Code 0074
La Jolla, CA 92093-0074
Phone : (858) 534-4464
- La Jolla
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Based on the above project description, the La Jolla Medical Cener - Thornton Hospital Geriatric ED and RIC project is classified as exempt from the provisions of CEQA under Section 15303 Existing Facilities.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.