Vegetation and Emergency Roadside Clearance ORC Canyon Communities
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (Cal Fire)
- Document Title
- Vegetation and Emergency Roadside Clearance ORC Canyon Communities
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project goal is to reduce hazardous fuels along private roadways located in the SRA. The treatment is approximately 20 acres. The project will provide a benefit to homes located in canyon communities of Orange County, Silverado, Williams, Modjeska, and Trabuco. This project will include raising the canopy and brushing back vegetation from the edge of the road surface on both sides of private roads within the communities. The project will reduce the risks associated with wildlife to the habitable structures in by reducing the vegetation on narrow, private roads, improving ingress and egress. The vegetation in some areas currently encroaches on the roadways, limiting visibility and slowing emergency response. These roads are critical for emergency access and are often the only way in and out of the communities. The reduction of the vegetation will not only improve access, but will reduce the fuel load around the densely-packed homes and increase defensible space. This fuel reduction project will also improve visibility allowing for faster response times to stop a structure fire from spreading to the WUI, and threatening additional structures and communities. Project activities will consists of removing encroaching vegetation, pruning/thinning existing vegetation, and the removal of dead or dying vegetation.
- Other Information
- Silverado, Modjeska, Trabuco, Williams Canyon
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S: 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor public or private alterations in the conditions of Land, water and/or vegetation which do not involve removal of healthy, mature and scenic trees except for forestry and agricultural pruposes.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.