Proposition 50 chapter 6b Consolidated Management of Nitrate Treatment: Implementation, Demonstration, & Affordability Assessment
2 Documents in ProjectDownload CSV New Search
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- University of California, Regents of the (Regents of the University of California)
- Document Title
- Proposition 50 chapter 6b Consolidated Management of Nitrate Treatment: Implementation, Demonstration, & Affordability Assessment
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Regents of the University of California will be funding recipient for this project which includes installation, operation, consolidated management, research, and monitoring of nitrate treatment at the following five water systems in the San Joaquin Valley of California: 1) Rio Bravo Greeley School District; 2) Lindsay-Strathmore irrigation District; 3) Woodville Public Utility District; 4) Golden State Vintners (The win Group) 5) The Bakman Water Company. The primary objectives of the proposed project are to demonstrate consolidated management of nitrate treatment as a more cost-effective mitigation option for small water systems and to perform an affordability assessment to evaluate actual cost savings of consolidated management and develop specific recommendations for providing sustainable affordable drinking water in small communities in the SJV and statewide. With the aim of minimizing small water system operations and maintenance costs associated with nitrate treatment, consolidated management will entail sharing of chemical (salt) delivery, brine residuals management, and personnel. At each of the above sites, strong base ion exchange treatment will be installed including housing, fencing, treatment units, regeneration equipment, brine tank/salt saturator, sulfate rinse tank, control module, waste tank and all associated sensors, pumps, and piping. The brine will be hauled to a nonhazardous waste site by the waste brine disposal agent.
- McFarland Lindsay Fresno Bakersfield
- Tulare Kern Fresno
- Other Location Info
- Other Information
- San Joaquin Valley at (1) in the vicinity of Enos Lane and Kratzmeyer Rd in Bakersfield; (2) Vicinity of Avenue 252 and Road 216 (Orange Belt Highway); (3) vicinity of 16716 Ave 168, adjacent to 16866 Claremont Rd; (4) vicinity of Golden State Highway and Whisler Rd; (5) vicinity of east Belmont Ave and North Dewitt Ave,.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,3,6, Class 1,3,6
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing Facilities. New Construction or Conversion. Information Collection.