Envision: Solar Powered Electric Vehicle Charing Station
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- San Diego Unified Port District
- Document Title
- Envision: Solar Powered Electric Vehicle Charing Station
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project involves the placement of one demonstrative solar powered electric vehicle (EV) charging station from Dec. 4, 2017 to Dec. 8, 2017 at the northern end of the San Diego Unified Port District Administration Building's public parking lot, located at 3165 Pacific Highway in the city of San Diego. The EV charging station would be provided to the District by Envision, the solar developer, at no cost. Upon completion of the demonstration period, it is anticipated the District would purchase an EV charging station in Dec. 2017, and deploy the District owned EV charging station at the Administrative Building's public parking lot in Jan. 2018. The EV charging station would be approx. 14.5 feet tall and would be placed within a 135 sq. ft. standard vehicle parking space to provide charging capabilities to the space where the station is located and therefore would result in no net loss of parking. The EV charging station would require approx. one truck trip per day for the delivery of the charging station, and would take approx. one day to assemble. Additionally, the EV charging station, and would take approx. one day to assemble. Additionally, the EV charging station is completely solar operated, and would not require electrical hookups or trenching. The EV charging station is also portable and may be relocated to other District facilities throughout tidelands.
- Contact Information
San Diego Unified Port District
3165 Pacific Hwy
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone : (619) 686-6200
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,15303,15311 Class 1,3,11
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing Facilities. New Construction or Conversion of Small Structures. Accessory Structures.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.