Bianchina Dock Excavation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0345-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Bianchina Dock Excavation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0345-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0345-R2, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to Richard Bianchina. Phase 1 of the project is limited to using an excavator to remove approx 1000 cy of soil from the lakebed to lower the bed elevation and level the site for placement of a floating dock. The excavator will access the lakebed in dry conditions when Tri Dam draws down the water. The excavated soil will be placed in a dump truck and deposited onsite where it will not re-enter the lake or watercourse. Phase 2 of the project will occur once the lake level has risen. Phase 2 is limited to using a barge with a pile driver to install (4) 8" support piles under the footprint of the floating dock to support an un-attended dock during extraordinary low lake levels.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 247-0678
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project consists of excavating 1000 cy of soil from the lakebed to lower the bed elevation for placement of a floating dock. This soil removal during low water elevations will not impact any sensitive species or the habitat on which they depend.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.